Glass Balustrade General Information
To see DioMet's range of standard glass balustrade designs and prices please click the image below.
For any bespoke requirements please email us your balustrade enquiry or call 0114 243 9009.
5 Common mistakes to avoid when ordering a glass balustrade
- Not researching thoroughly
- Dismissing safety over design
- Getting dozens of quotes
- Basing decisions on price alone
- DIY balustrade installation
Does your glass balustrade need a handrail?
More than likely yes although there are plenty of conflicting information sources such as:
- Glossy Magazines - pretty images but often non-legal balustrades
- Other websites - generic balustrade information sources
- Other glass balustrade suppliers - Beware of the cowboys
- Building control - Do they know their onions?
Example glass balustrade projects completed by DioMet :
Domestic projects - members of the public:
- Jim from Surrey - A frameless glass balustrade system with no handrail
- External cafe seating area Middlesex - Updating to stainless steel for a better bistro appeal.
- Jon from Northumberland - Side fixed framed glass balustrade system
- Chris in Cardiff - Galvanized and powdercoated glass infill balcony and balustrade design
- Karen in Sheffield - Frosted glass side screens and stainless steel balustrade system
- Linda in Gloucestershire - Mix and match of steel materials
Commercial projects - trade customers:
Choosing a glass balustrade supplier - what to look for?
- Are they legal?
- Are they reputable?
- Is the quality good?
- Are they a 'real' company?
Glass Balustrade FAQs
Q. Do you come and measure on site?
A. We do site measures, however for a quote we just need basic dimensions and a few photos to see what it is fixing to. If you feel it is too bespoke to do basic measurements – contact us for a site measure quotation.
Q. Does the balustrade come with everything to fit it?
A. It comes with everything other than the base fixings which can be purchased from our website here: balustrade-and-handrail-fittings/fixings-and-accessories
Q. Can I fit this or do I need help from a professional?
A. All our balustrades are manufactured in kit form for ease of installation and come together very easily with basic DIY skills. You may need to do some drilling for fixing purposes.
Q. Is the balustrade building regulation compliant?
A. Yes, you will also be provided with a CE mark certification once the balustrade has been delivered and processed on our end.
Q. My glass hasn’t got holes in it, should it?
A. We only recommend holes in the glass if it has a possibility of falling straight through the clamps, on scenarios such as our side fixed balustrades. In any other case the pure pressure of the clamps is enough to hold the glass. You may have received the security pins for the clamps but they come as standard in the glass clamp packs and can be thrown away.
Q. My balustrade has arrived damaged, what do I do?
A. Contact us as soon as possible and if possible sign for the goods as damaged. The items would have not left us like this and will have been done in transit. We'll act as quickly as possible to rectify any damage. We dispatch glass balustrades throughout the UK on a daily basis and have very few problems.
Q. Do you supply the balustrade and handrail components for me to build myself?
A. We do, they can be found here: balustrade-handrail-fittings
Q. I am booking the installers, when will my balustrade be ready?
A. Do not book any fitters/builders until you are in receipt of the goods - this is simply good practice and avoids any unnecessary costs.
Q. Will the stainless steel rust?
A. If the correct grade of stainless steel or weatherproofing finish is used the shelf life on the product just requires regular maintenance.
Q. What types of glass are available to me to fill my balustrade with?
A. We offer tinted glass in the colours grey, green and bronze. We also supply low iron glass for a crystal clear finish and a ritec finish to one side that is a self-cleaning coating which allows water to run straight off decreasing the likelihood of streaks in the glass. There is also an option of frosted/sand blasted glass to create a privacy screen.