Installing a Washing Line Post
How to install a DioMet heavy duty line post.
Drying clothes on an outdoor clothes line over the spring and summer months instead of a machine dryer will save money and energy. If using an outdoor washing line system regularly it is best to choose a long-lasting heavy duty line post, here's how to install them :
What you need for the job
1) DioMet washing line post. Several styles are available in our online store.
2) Fence post tool or garden spade.
3) Rapid setting concrete mix (Postcrete works great)
5) Spirit level.
6) Optional : G clamp and timber offcuts.
Instructions for installation
1) Choose the desired location for your washing line pole and dig a hole approx 50cm deep, 30cm wide. Be aware of any potential drains or cables, use a cat scanner if unsure.
2) Test the height- Loosely place the washing post into the hole and check the height will be as desired and adjust accordingly.
3) Straighten up the post in both directions using a spirit level. Use a G clamp and some timber to form a temporary stand to hold the line post in position or alternatively have somebody hold the post in the desired position (less accurate).
4) Mix your rapid setting concrete and fill the hole to the top - check again for level once poured before the concrete sets.
5) Allow approximately 10minutes to set or as per packet guidelines. Do not use for 24hours to allow full curing.