Walk-out Juliet Balcony
Walk-out Juliet Balcony Project
Completed Project – Juliet Balconies Sheffield.
We have recently completed a three storey balcony project in the Sheffield area to three separate apartments. Each apartment has a different owner who all came together to arrange for new juliet balconies to be installed with glass balustrading. Here’s how it went….
Most people associate juliet balconies with a flat window guard that protects a set of french doors, acting as a fall barrier. This is a common view even though the original Juliet Balcony from Romeo and Juliet fame, as seen in Verona Italy, is actually a walk-out style balcony but still falling under the same umbrella term of juliet balconies.
This balcony project was completed in our home town Sheffield, and comprises 3no. walk-out style juliet balconies installed to separate apartments over three floors of a residential development. The project was undertaken as a full design, manufacture and installation service and progressed as follows:
1) Initial site survey to discuss balcony requirements and options
3) Detailed site survey with access via cherry picker
4) Design drawings and structural calculations
5) Pull out tests for fixing bolts
6) Manufacture, galvanizing, powdercoating to complete balconies
7) Installation of balconies with scissor lift access
8) Installation of composite decked flooring
The balconies all comprise:
- Galvanized and powdercoated support structure steelwork
- Stainless steel and glass infill balustrade to perimeter
- Timber joists and composite decking
Now installed, each balcony provides an external seating area circa 2m x 1m for the occupants to enjoy- an effective way to introduce more floorspace to your apartment or flat (subject to building control)
Get in touch with us to discuss your walk out juliet balcony requirements on 0114 243 9009 or email firstname.lastname@example.org