Stocked hinged glass frames available now for collection or delivery. This hinged walk on glass framework system comes with structural walk-on glass panel, fully sealed within a hinged gas-strut opening steel framework. The gas struts allow for assisted opening and safe slow closing.
This listing is for our stock frames that are immediately available for delivery or collection – if you need a made-to-order frame to specific sizes, please see here : Bespoke Hinged Floors
The longer dimension will always be the hinged side. Sizes stated would be your tight recess sizes (full drawing provided upon order)
The product comprises :
- 25.5mm toughened and laminated structural glass panel
- 50mm backpainted black borders – Other colours available on request. When viewed through the glass, border colour can sometimes slightly vary in comparison to the steelwork (see pictures)
- Powdercoated black steel framework with hinged, gas-strut opening mechanism
- Flush fitting stainless steel hinges and lifting handles
- Note – Pictures show some items painted in grey, these are just examples of previous work. Please order our bespoke frames to have made in a different colour.
Non slip treatment – invisible to the naked eye, this will make the glass anti-slip and last approximately 5 year **On selected items only**
Lock – A discreet lock for safety / security and supplied with a star key for access **On selected items only**
Our hinged walk on glass trap door systems are commonly used as basement doors, wine cellars and storage display units.
The frames are not designed to be watertight and external use is not advised.
Please contact us for any bespoke variations required.
Our steel frameworks are fully certified to BS 1090-2 and the glass is designed to a concentrated load of 2.0kN and in accordance with BS EN 1991-1-1 2002.
These hinged floors are rated and structurally approved for domestic use – The thickness of glass required will occasionally vary depending on size, location, building use and structural support so if in doubt, please contact a structural glass engineer for confirmation. It is the customer’s responsibilty to ensure all goods purchased are suitable to satisfy their own building control requirements.